Friday, December 30, 2011

Framed Wood Art

I wanted something to go over my bed that was personalized, my husband and my initials came into thought and this was what I came up with. It's more of a burgandy color but the picture made it look a lot brighter. Oh yes, excuse the mismatched headboard!! I'll be working on that soon!





Items used:

A frame that I picked up at a local thrift store for $5.99 it had a really ugly canvas picture that came with it that I covered with fabric

Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint. (I absolutely LOVE this paint!)

Wooden letters

Walnut color stain

Fabric of your choice

E6000 glue (you can get this at Hobby Lobby)


1st - Spray painted my frame the oil rubbed bronze color. (I painted both sides of the frame)

2nd - Stained the letters the walnut color (the top and sides) You can also paint them too but I had the stain so I used it.
3rd - Wrapped my fabric around the old canvas that was in the frame and glued it to the back of the canvas.

4th - Glued the letters to the front of the canvas, the glue goes through the fabric to the canvas so it sticks very well.

5th - Let this dry overnight

6th - Put the frame back on and secure, I used what was on the frame already to secure it back in place.

7th - Hang it up and ENJOY!

No comments: